Nokia N800 Internet Tablet PC

>> Saturday

Nokia N800 Internet Tablet PC

Nokia N800 Internet Tablet PC


Customer Review : An awesome device at a reasonable price.

I am a self-professed gadget addict, so the Nokia N800 was something I had to get my hands on.

Once I picked it up, there was no going back. I plunked down by cash and started fooling around.

Here are the pros and cons as I see them.

As of now, there is no PC sync, so this is not really intended as a substitute for a PDA -- however I use my company's web-based intranet (webexone) to keep of all of my appointments and N800 works flawlessly. It appears that somebody should be able to code some kind of sync for the PIM programs that exist for the opensource Maemo (Nokia's brand of embedded Linux, which also was used on the N770) -- however, I'm not sure whether such programs, with Mac OS X or Windows synching capabilities would match the gnu-ethos of this product.

A few things I can suggest, based on my experience:

1) Invest in a good case for this device. And if you are going to use it as a media player at the gym, be careful that the device for which you forked over four hundred clams doesn't go flying. Mine did, suffered nary a scratch (thanks to a solid build quality) -- but this thing has a gorgeous screen that just seems to cry out "crack me!"

2) Invest in bluetooth keyboard for writing long emails. The Nokia SU-8W was my weapon of choice. It's pretty good too -- I have a few nitpicks, though:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP