Apple MacBook MB062LL/A : Review

>> Monday




Apple MacBook MB-PARENT

If it's been two years, this one is worth the plunge.
I ordered my last small-screen iBook from Amazon just two summers ago. As usual, my heavy touch started shorting out the keyboard, and I couldn't afford several weeks of down time. Factor in the wait, the cost of repairs, and the improvements, and this 13" MacBook from Amazon seemed the best way to go.
It's about a hundred bucks more than the prior edition but worth it. The screen is wider, sharper and brighter (though I had no complaints with the predecessor). The speed of unloading internet pages is noticeably faster, a time-saver. The magnetically attached power cord should save the user the cost of an Apple adapter or two (about $80 each time you snap the thin wire). The keyboard area is larger, which is nice, though the different feel of the tracking area and right thumb-click (little play--it barely seems to go down) takes a bit of getting used to.
I didn't need a built-in camera or remote control, but what can you do. At least I was able to avoid the Superdrive (haven't found much use for DVD burning) and all the extras (and sales tax) they push if you buy from Apple Store. This machine doesn't require any additional memory or RAM, unless you're a heavy duty movie editor/audio engineer. It's a one-click purchase. I even took a pass on Apple's current iPod incentive (I still buy CDs, mostly from Amazon).
Even as I type this review, I'm conscious that the keyboard has a tighter feel and is quieter than the previous model. It also gets around in the often cumbersome and sluggish MS Word more quickly than the comparable machine of only two years ago. A great little work horse, and the transfer of information from your old computer has never been easier (make sure you have a firewire cable handy).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP